Birmingham Bankruptcy Attorney Helps Resolve Debt Problems
Experienced Alabama lawyer works to ease your financial burden
Dealing with debt collectors and contemplating bankruptcy is frightening. Fortunately, help is available once you take the first step toward seeking debt relief. At the Birmingham office of Matthew A. Dunaway, Attorney at Law, I find solutions to people suffering through all types of debt problems and have done so for 20 years. Even though creditor abuse and debt collector harassment is rampant, you don’t forfeit your legal rights just because you are behind on a payment schedule. Often, it is the collectors who are violating the law, and I will hold them accountable. If you are an Alabama resident wondering how you’ll make it to the end of the month, I can provide the assistance you need.
Responsive advocate assists your defense against collectors
I founded Matthew A. Dunaway, Attorney at Law to help relieve the stress and anxiety people suffer when in debt. I do that by providing every client with:
- Practical experience — Having practiced for two decades, I understand the hidden aspects of the debt collection process. For example, many people don’t realize the important role played by “debt buyers” who purchase debt from credit card providers and other businesses for pennies on the dollar. This can lead to harassment and even lawsuits from companies you have never heard of. If you’re being pursued by one of these debt buyers, I can help you get relief.
- Caring counsel — Financial difficulty often results from an unexpected event such as a medical emergency, job loss or divorce. Sadly, creditors use unwarranted shame and fear to extract money from people. At my firm, I won’t let you be intimidated or made to feel ashamed for your financial difficulties.
- Personalized strategy — By understanding your specific situation, I can find the optimal answer to your debt problems. After taking the time to learn as much as I can, we will work together on a strategy that meets your needs and helps you move forward.
Whatever pressures you face, I provide a free initial consultation so you’ll thoroughly understand your options before taking any action.
Honest solutions for a complete range of debt-related issues
Matthew A. Dunaway, Attorney at Law advocates for clients facing all types of debt challenges, including:
- Bankruptcy — Depending on your individual circumstances, bankruptcy might serve as the best tool to solve your debt problems. I can explain the various aspects of Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 filings and represent you throughout the proceedings.
- Creditor harassment — Many people struggling with money problems do not realize that strict laws against creditor harassment exist to protect them. My firm uses the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act to stop deceptive and overbearing collectors in their tracks.
- Foreclosure defense — Alabama’s foreclosure laws differ from the rules in most states by allowing for a property sale even without a lawsuit. If you’re behind on house payments, there is no time to waste before retaining an experienced foreclosure defense lawyer.
- Consumer protection violations — Credit reports and financial statements are rife with errors. For these and other violations of consumer protection laws, I can safeguard your rights.
No matter what your specific issues might be, I always provide honest, effective advice that not only explains the relevant law but points you toward a solution you can live with — and one that offers hope for a brighter financial future.
Contact a dedicated Birmingham debt relief lawyer for a free initial consultation
Matthew A. Dunaway, Attorney at Law represents clients in bankruptcy and other debt relief matters. Call 205-719-6071 or contact me online to schedule a free initial consultation at my Birmingham office.